This page has links to websites of Texas native plant sellers in Williamson County and nearby counties. If you know of a native plant seller not listed here, please advise us using the Contact form.
Area Sources of Native Plants
The Lady Bird Wildflower Center has a native plant sale each Spring and Fall. Their website can be used to locate native plants recommended for various geographical areas. A Central Texas Recommended Native Plant List is available.
Native American Seed sells seeds of native plants by mail order, and at the Wildflower Center during the semi-annual plant sales.
Area retail sources
The following sources have native plants in their nurseries. They may also have other plants that are well adapted, but are not native to our area. We recommend asking for Texas native plants by species as well as common names. Businesses will respond to customer demand, and we should ensure that there is a demand for Texas native plants. Note: Most of the nurseries have web sites. Clicking on the links will take you off the NPSOT Williamson County web site.
- McIntire’s Garden Center (Georgetown)
- Barton Springs Nursery (South Austin)
- Bloomers Garden Center (Elgin)
- Countryside Nursery (North Austin)
- Green and Growing (Pflugerville)
- Hill Country Gardens (New Braunfels)
- Hill Country Natives (Leander)
- Natives of Texas (Kerrville)
- Madrone Nursery (San Marcos)
- The Natural Gardener (South Austin)
- Prairiewood Nursery, 1212 Dunstan Dr Austin, TX 78745 512-922-3744 PWNative@aol.com By appointment only
- Red Barn Garden Center (North Austin)
- Round Rock Gardens (Round Rock)
- Shoal Creek Nursery (Austin)
- Wrights Nursery (Briggs)