The Native Plant Society of Texas created the Native Landscape Certification Program to encourage a migration of Texans back to nature and to promote sustainable home landscaping practices. Each workshop is a combination of classroom instruction and outside fieldwork. Each class is taught adjacent to a natural area to provide instruction in native plant identification (trees, shrubs, forbs and grasses) and their use in the landscape. We also identify common invasive exotics and appropriate native plant alternatives. A certificate of completion is awarded after each class, with an optional competency test given for an additional certificate.
Registration is open for our Fall 2017 workshops!
We have a great line-up and invite you to consider:
- NLCP Level 1 – Saturday, September 2, 2017 – Introduction to Native Landscapes
- NLCP Level 1 – Saturday, September 23, 2017 – Introduction to Native Landscapes
- NLCP Level 3 – Saturday, November 11, 2017 – Installing and Maintaining Native Landscapes
- Note: you must take the Level 1 class to register for Level 2 or Level 3.
- * (NLCP Level 2 – Design and Development with Native Plants will be offered at a later date.)
All classes are from 8 am to 4 pm at the Georgetown Public Library, 402 W 8th St, Georgetown, TX 78626.
For information on the statewide program and to register for classes, click the link: Native Landscape Certification Program Class Schedule.