TEXAS NATIVE PLANT YOUTH PHOTO CONTEST
Once again, the Native Plant Society of Texas Boerne Chapter (NPSOT), and the Cibolo Nature Center & Farm (CNC&F) are sponsoring a photography contest for Boerne youth.
The photography contest is a perfect chance to show off your creativity and photographic talents while enjoying and learning about native plants and pollinators of the Texas Hill Country. You don’t have to have a fancy camera. All you have to do is follow the rules, snap some good shots and submit your entries.
The contest was first launched in 2015, as a way to challenge amateur photographers of all skill levels to use their cameras as a tool to learn more about native plants and pollinators of the Texas Hill Country. There will be scheduled workshops to help students with plant identification and nature photography. Native plant guides and photography assistants will be available at the workshops to provide assistance to the students. Workshop participation is not required to enter the contest.
Workshops for 2020 have been cancelled due to COVID-19!!
- We will continue with the contest but there will be no award reception in June.
- Deadline will be May 31.
- There will be no “Peoples Choice Award”.
- Winners will be notified by email in early June.
- All previous contestants will be notified of the changes.
- Winning photos will be displayed at the library.
- News articles with changes will be submitted to Boerne Star and Hill Country Weekly.
Download a pdf of the rules and guidelines here
Contact Information: Rheda Boardman firstname.lastname@example.org