Field trips are a favorite of the fall symposium! Check out the self-guided field trips on your way to and from the symposium. We have curated stops for you every direction.
Friday morning Matt Buckingham will provide an overview of east Texas plant communities, to prepare you for a fascinating field trip that day. A fun reception is planned at the Fredonia Hotel once you return. Saturday is jam-packed with plenary and concurrent sessions, followed by a feast at the Awards Banquet. You do not want to miss this event!
Friday field trips are led by local experts – register soon to get your first choice.
- Angelina National Forest Upland Island Wilderness Area
- Watson Rare Native Plant Preserve
- Pineywoods Native Plant Center, Stephen F. Austin State University
- Scrappin’ Valley
- Sabine National Forest, Fox Hunters Hill
- USDA-NRCS East Texas Plant Materials Center and Winston 8 Tree Farm
- Davy Crockett Neches Bluff Overlook
- Big Thicket National Preserve, Pitcher Plant Trail
- Caddo Mounds State Historic Site