The Wildscapes Workshop and Plant Sale is an annual one-day educational event and local plant sale organized by the Native Plant Society – Houston Chapter. This year our theme features some of the most under-appreciated garden guests in our wildscapes: wasps, amphibians, and spiders. Event speakers will provide up-to-date information on the importance of healthy biodiversity in the natural ecosystem. Russ Kane, an award-winning Texas writer/author/blogger will be our emcee. Learn How to Become a Sponsor
The 2023 event will be held on September 23rd, and registration is open. Please check here or our social media frequently for updates.
Featured speakers this year include:
- Heather Holm, author of the award-winning book, Wasps: Their Biology, Diversity, and Role as Beneficial Insects and Pollinators of Native Plants
- Dan Saenz, Wildlife Biologist with the US Forest Service researching the impacts of forest management practices on amphibian communities
- Ashley Wahlberg, known as “The Spider Lady of East Texas” and featured in Texas Monthly magazine
- Mary Spolyar, a Texas Gulf Coast Master Naturalist and member of NPSOT-Houston, who will highlight some of the plants available at our plant sale
The presentations will also be available to watch via Zoom. You can register at the same link and choose the Zoom option.
See the post below for more information about each speaker.
Please consider becoming a sponsor of our 2023 Wildscapes Workshop. All proceeds support our mission to promote research, conservation and utilization of native plants and plant habitats of Texas through education, outreach and example. We are grateful for donations of any size. For more information please download our Sponsorship Flyer below.
Sponsorships will be open from August 1st to September 12.
Become a Sponsor
1) Decide your sponsorship level.
2) ALL sponsors must fill out this form so we can send you a receipt for tax purposes.
3) Go to the eventbrite registration link. Click “Register”. Enter the amount of the donation. Your sponsorship level will depend on the amount donated. (Be sure also to choose “registration”, if you want to attend the workshop and plant sale.)
OR if you wish to make a donation by check, please make checks payable to ‘NPSOT-H’ with “WW Sponsor” on the memo line and mail to: NPSOT-Houston, P.O. Box 131254, Houston, TX 77219-1254. (Note: This WILL NOT register you for the workshop. Registration for the workshop is only through Eventbrite.)
4) For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your sponsorship will be publicized after we receive your donation!
Deadline to be publicized is September 12.
Donations DO NOT register you for the Workshop.