NEXT CHAPTER MEETING: Monday, November 2, 2015 starting at 6:30 pm. Visitors are welcome to attend!
PROGRAM: “East Texas Master Naturalists Chapter’s Herbarium” by Gloria Rognlie.
Topics of Gloria’s presentation include:
- Location of the herbarium cabinet
- Organization of the herbarium cabinet
- Proper handling of herbarium specimens
- Techniques for collecting plants and what information to record while in the field
- Pressing, mounting and labeling plant specimens for herbariums
DECEMBER CHAPTER MEETING: Monday, December 7, 2015 starting at 6:30 pm
PROGRAM: Christmas Party with Tyler Audubon Society.
The chapter meets at the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department Nature Center at 11942 FM 848 (Bascom Hwy) in Tyler, Texas on the first Monday of the month, Sept-May; second Monday if the first Monday is a holiday. Meetings begin at 6:30 pm with a program followed by refreshments and a short business meeting. Meetings are open to the public. Several field trips are offered throughout the year.
5:00 Dinner at Posados, 6:30 Meeting at Nature Center
Directions: In Tyler take Loop 323 to SH 248 (southeast of Tyler). Go east on SH 248 past the UT Tyler Campus to FM 848 (about 3 miles). Turn right on FM 848 and travel 0.7 mile. The Nature Center is on the right.