A photo contest will be held in conjunction with our fall symposium to be held in Huntsville the weekend of November 3-4.
Cecil Carter is coordinating the contest and he has announced rules and other details, which are similar to photo contests held in 2014 and earlier. In 2015 an all-digital contest was held. However, this year’s event will revert to the earlier format.
Members and attendees of the symposium are invited to enter the contest featuring images of Texas native plants and landscapes. Contest judging will be conducted by popular vote by attendees of the event.
Entering photographers will be divided into two classifications:
1. Professional – participants who have sold their photographs
2. Amateur – participants that have never sold their photographs
Photo categories that may be entered include:
1. Blooming plants native to Texas
2. Non-blooming plants native to Texas
3. Scenic/landscape featuring plants native to Texas
- Photographs entered must be of plants native to Texas and taken by the person named on the entry form.
- Each photographer may enter a maximum of two mounted prints in each category for a total of six photos.
- Photographs entered in previous contests are not eligible.
- Mounted prints of your entries must be brought to the photo exhibit area at the symposium by 10am CDT on Friday, November 3, along with a completed registration form for each photo.
- Prints must measure 8″ x 10″ inches in size. [members will vote using these]
- Prints must be mounted on a firm backing such as mat-board or foam-board.
- Backing should be the same size as print. No framed or glass/acrylic covering is allowed.
- In addition to the mounted print, a digital copy of the photo in JPG or TIF format must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Thursday, October 13, 2017. A registration form should be attached.
- Winning photographs will be placed on our website and published in our magazine. Other entries may also be used similarly. These will come from the digital images submitted.
- Only the original photographer may enter a photograph.
- Photographs not meeting all requirements will be disqualified.
All photos entered become the property of the Native Plant Society of Texas. By entering their photos, contestants agree that their photograph is released to the Society and may be used for displays, publications and/or educational purposes of the Society. Photographers will be credited for their work with each use.
Award certificates will be given to the first place and runner up winners in each class/category combination. Winners will be announced and awards presented at the symposium dinner held on Saturday evening, November 4, 2017. Winning photographs may also be posted on our website and published in our magazine.
Got questions? Email email@example.com or call our state office at 830.997.9272.