- Saturday, April 26, 2014 at 2:00 pm—Deborah Overath on the endemic, endangered species of Texas ambrosias at the Janet Harte Library on Waldron Road in Flour Bluff
- Saturday, July 26, 2014 at 2:00 pm—Paul Meredith on native pollinators; location TBD.
- Saturday, October 25, 2014 at 2:00 pm—Shelly Maher on Monarch Watch & waystation, probably in conjunction with the South Texas Botanical Gardens; location TBD
All meetings are free and open to the public.
NPSOT Spring Symposium April 26, 2014
Keynote speaker: Dr. Douglas Tallamy. Dr Tallamy is the author of the best-selling book Bringing Nature Home; How Native Plants Sustain Wildlife in Our Gardens.
2014 Aransas AgriLife Education Series
Several items are of NPSOT interest in the series:
- Tue Feb 18 Brown Bag—“Deer Resistant Plants”, Jeanna Godfrey, DVM, Master Gardener Noon–1:00 P.M.
- Tue Mar 11 Brown Bag —“Bring Nature Home-Garden with Natives”, Jane Tillman, MS, RD, Capital Area Master Naturalist & Natural Wildlife Federation Habitat Steward Host, Noon–1:00 P.M. Please note special date
- Sat Mar 22 SPRING PLANT SALE—9:00 A.M–1:00 P.M. Coastal Oaks Garden at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension. Indoors in case of rain.
- Tue Apr 15 Brown Bag —“Bird Migration along the Coastal Bend”, Steve Reisinger, Noon–1:00 P.M
- Tue May 20 Brown Bag—“Dueling Seed Balls – Planting Aid or Bird Food?”, Ellen Reisinger and Linda Frank Master Gardeners, Noon–1:00 P.M.
- Tue Jun 17 Brown Bag —“Perpetual Drought?” Alyssa Burgin Director of the Texas Drought Project, San Antonio Noon–1:00 P.M.
- July 19 Seminar–“Not Pretty Enough”, Carol Goolsby, Supervisor of Outreach and Education at Quinta Mazatlan in McAllen, TX and on the Board of Directors of the Native Plant Project. 10:30 A.M.–12:30 P.M.
- Sat Sep 13 FALL PLANT SALE—9:00 A.M.–1:00 P.M., Coastal Oaks Garden at Texas A&M AgriLife Extension.
- Tue Sep 16 Brown Bag —“Beneficial Insects in the Garden: an overview of the common insects and pests found in Gulf Coast landscapes and gardens” Jessica Weizer, Nueces County Horticulture Agent, Noon–1:00 P.M.
- Tue Oct 21 Brown Bag —“Native Grasses”, Ellen Reisinger, Master Gardener, Ray Kirkwood, Master Naturalist, Noon–1:00 P.M.
Need to Contact the South Texas Chapter?
President Rhoda Poenisch