The Native Plant Society of Texas is a membership organization that works to protect our state’s native plant heritage and preserve it for future generations. We are a non-profit organization funded by membership dues, individual and corporate contributions, and foundation grants.
- Join or renew online
- Print an Application Form and mail it in with your check.
- You may also join with the application form in our brochure.
- Contact our office if you need personal assistance.
Benefits of membership
- Free subscription to our quarterly member’s magazine. You may elect to download an electronic copy instead of receiving a copy in the mail.
- Some chapters also publish local newsletters for their own members.
- Discounts are available to members at many nurseries and related businesses. Check with your local chapter to find those near you.
- Discounts on registration fees for our classes, symposiums and other events.
- Most of all you become part of a statewide community with over 2400 members, who are united in our mission to promote Texas native plants.
- You may choose to become a member of one of our local chapters with the opportunity to participate with like-minded members in a host of programs and activities that help you learn about and deepen your appreciation for Texas native plants.
Membership categories and annual dues
Individual (only one person): $35
Family (one or more persons) : $50
Student/Senior/Limited Income (one or more persons): $25
Patron (one or more persons): $100
Benefactor (one or more persons) : $250
Supporting (one or more persons): $500
Lifetime (one-time payment for individual or couple) : $1200
For IRS income tax purposes, the full amount of your membership dues is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution.
Have you moved? Address changes may be submitted to email@example.com. Please put “member address change” in the subject line.
Renewal letters are mailed to all members at the beginning of the month your membership expires.
Other ways to support us
- Make an online donation to one of our dedicated funds. You may give any amount and your gift will be allocated to your choice of any of our ongoing projects or programs.
- Donate to any of our ongoing projects such as our Bring Back the Monarchs program or our new landscape certification program, which teaches homeowners and landscaping professionals how to create and manage landscapes using native plants. We also make grants and scholarships available to graduates and undergraduates for academic research related to Texas native plants or conservation and restoration of native plant habitats of Texas.
- Visit our Book Store or our CafePress shop for merchandise. A portion of the proceeds comes to us.
- When you shop with AmazonSmile.com, a portion of the proceeds goes to the Native Plant Society of Texas.
Employer matching gifts
If your employer has a matching gift program, contact us by phone or email and ask for the Coordinator.