The Native Plant Society of Texas is a membership organization that carries out its mission through volunteers to protect our state’s native plant heritage and preserve it for future generations. We are a non-profit organization funded by membership dues, individual and corporate contributions, and foundation grants.
- Join or renew online or
- Print an Application Form and mail it in with your check.
- You may also join with the application form in our brochure.
- Contact our office if you need personal assistance.
Benefits of membership
- All members are entitled to receive our quarterly magazine. You may also elect to download an electronic copy instead of receiving a copy in the mail.
- Some chapters also publish newsletters for their own members.
- Discounts are available to members at many nurseries and related businesses. Check with your local chapter to find those near you.
- Discounts on registration fees for our classes, symposiums and other events.
- A discounted membership to Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center is available to members. Check with our State Office for details.
- Most of all, when you join the Native Plant Society of Texas, you become part of a statewide community with over 2300 members, who are united in our mission to promote research, and to conserve and utilize native plants and plant habitats of Texas through education, outreach and example.
You may choose to become a member of a local chapter with the opportunity to participate at a personal level in a host of educational programs and other activities that help members learn about and deepen their appreciation for Texas native plants. Our more than thirty local chapters sponsor educational speakers, field trips, hikes, workshops in such subjects as plant ID, propagation or wildscaping, work in demonstration gardens, and initiate many other types of projects.
Membership categories and annual dues are:
Individual (only one person): $35
Family (one or more persons) : $50
Student/Senior/Limited Income (one or more persons): $25
Patron (one or more persons): $100
Benefactor (one or more persons) : $250
Supporting (one or more persons): $500
Lifetime (one-time payment for individual or couple) : $1200
For IRS income tax purposes, the full amount of your membership dues is tax-deductible as a charitable contribution.
Have you moved? Address changes may be submitted to email@example.com. Please put “member address change” in the subject line.
Renewal letters are mailed to all members at the beginning of the month your membership expires.
Other Ways to Support Us
- Visit our Book Store or our CafePress shop for merchandise.
- Donate to any of our ongoing projects such as our Bring Back the Monarchs program or our new landscape certification program, which teaches homeowners and landscaping professionals how to create and manage landscapes using native plants. We also make grants and scholarships available to graduates and undergraduates for academic research related to Texas native plants or conservation and restoration of native plant habitats of Texas. Make an online donation to one of our dedicated funds. You may give any amount and your gift will be allocated to your choice of any of our ongoing projects or programs.
Employer Matching Gifts
If your employer has a matching gift program, contact us by phone or email and ask for the Coordinator.