Bill Carr, local botanist, has authored an annotated checklist of Travis County plants. The Austin chapter of NPSOT has begun a project, led by David Mahler, to work with Bill Carr and make the data available online.
The project plans to make the checklist searchable and usable online, to create educational uses for the data, and to use a collaborative method to submit and approve new entries and annotations for the checklist (with Bill Carr’s approval).
The project mailing list is available at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/traviscountyflora/. To subscribe to the list, send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please join the mailing list if you wish to participate and receive meeting announcements.
- 2005/10/16: Addition of Baccharis texana to Additions and Notes from Bill.
- 2005/10/9: Added Additions and Notes to the February 2002 draft
- 2005/8/17: The expanded spreadsheet has been updated with normalized codes.
- 2004/11/6: Links to the working copy of the spreadsheet and the specimen label example have been added.
- 2004/6/9: The first version of the spreadsheet and cleaned-up XML files are now available below!
- Travis County Flora spreadsheet expanded version [Microsoft Excel xls format] (last updated August 17th, 2005)
- Travis County Flora spreadsheet from original text XML data [Microsoft Excel xls format] (last updated June 9, 2004)
- Travis County Flora XML file parsed from original text [XML] (last updated June 9, 2004)
- Original Text
- Index to the Word doc provided by David Mahler [Microsoft Word doc format] (last updated March 31, 2004)
- Specimen Label Example by Bill Carr [Microsoft Word doc format] (last updated September 18th, 2004)